Sweet & Salty Cupcakes

Print Friendly

Some people love sweet food, some love salty food, some people need BOTH. After having a piece of chocolate you immediately need to chase it down with salty chips then you must make these.
These weren’t V’s favorite cupcakes as pretzels and cararmel aren’t her thing, she also prefers consistent textures.  This cupcake gives somewhat of a salty crunch and sweet frosting with a moist cake. N enjoyed these, then chowed down some pretzels afterwards.

With it being caramel week, I didn’t want the caramel to be the focal point, the salty pretzel definitely is.

Use your favorite chocolate or devil’s food recipe and bake cupcakes.  I only made 20 out of the 24 cupcakes, looks like I overfilled some of them.

Grab some pretzels about 3 cups and put them into the food processor and pulse a few times.  Depending on your food processor size you may need to make a couple of rounds.

Frost the cupcake with your favorite frosting. I used a basic vanilla frosting.

Tip the frosted top into a bowl of crushed pretzels and push down so the pretzels stick to the frosting.

Get a squeeze bottle of Smucker’s caramel topping and drizzle it over and place a whole pretzel on top.

Linked to: Muffin Monday

Farrah

This entry was posted in Cupcakes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Sweet & Salty Cupcakes

1. robert says:

i am not a big pretzel guy but they look awesome and i am sure i would inhale quite a few. what do you wash them down with milk or soda?

2. Kim McCallie says:

Here I was thinking you were the queen of cookies but, apparently, you’ve cornered the market on cupcakes, too. These look absolutely delicious. I love the idea of the pretzels on top. I like the sweet and salty combination. I’d like to invite you to share your recipe on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

• Farrah says:

LoL Kim! I like dabbling with all things and still have a long way to go with cookies & cupcakes. But I love trying! :) Sweet and salty appear to be a hit with people I wouldn’t have thought so many people like it. Thanks for the link party, I uploaded some posts.

3. Ellen says:

Wow Farrah these look amazing! The perfect recipe for this week’s Sharing Sundays, theme CUPCAKES!! Please come by and link up this recipe and any other cupcake recipes you would like. We will feature the top 5-6 viewed recipes next Sunday. The link is opened until Saturday evening.

Ellen

• Farrah says:

Ellen – Thank you for the cupcake invite. I posted a few cupcakes and like you on FB. You have some wonderful looking cupcake recipes being posted.

4. Kathryn says:

I love sweet and salty! These look fabulous! Please link them up at Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday. Thanks!

• Farrah says:

Kathryn – Thank you for inviting me to the link party, I posted some recipes! I never realized so many people liked sweet salty combo!!!

5. Sheryl says:

These look CRAZY GOOD! I would LOVE it if you shared this recipe with us at Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow!

Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

6. KB and Whitesnake says:

Looks delish.

We’d love you to share your recipes with us at
    Simply Delish Saturday